Housing Opportunities with the Alachua County Housing Authority
|Public Housing Program:
||The waiting list is OPEN for three, four, and five bedrooms.
When the Public Housing waiting list for one & two bedrooms is opened, an announcement will be placed in the local newspaper.
|Housing Choice Voucher Program:
||The waiting list is currently CLOSED. When the waiting list is opened, an announcement will be placed in the local newspaper.
||If you are a homeless Veteran interested in the VASH program you must contact your local VA to obtain a referral.
|Single Residency Occupancy (SRO):
||If you are a single working adult interested in the SRO at Sunrise Residence Inn you must contact management, at 2120 SW 14th Street,
Gainesville, FL, Phone: (352) 367-2600.
Procedures for Applying for Public Housing
- Bring the completed application documents along with the below requested identification documents to ACHA office located at
703 NE 1st Street, Gainesville, FL Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 4:00p.m. All household members 18 years of age or older must be present for your interview.
- You may mail in the FULLY COMPLETED application signed by all adult household members AND legible copies of the below requested identification documents in order to begin processing
your application /(incomplete applications will be returned).
||ALL ADULT Household Members
Driver's License, State Identification Card, Veterans Administration Card, Passport, and/or Green Card.
|Social Security Card:
||ALL Household Members
If the Social Security card is not available, a letter from the Social Security Administration with the SS# will be accepted until you receive your official card.
||ALL Household Members
- If your household passes the initial screening process your application will be placed on a waiting list by bedroom size and date and time of your application.
Availability of Public Housing is determined by vacancies in our existing Public Housing developments.
- If you move from the address on the application before you receive a letter from ACHA, it is your responsibility to come in to contact the office with your new address.
When your name comes up for placement, an update letter will be mailed. If the letter is returned because of an incorrect address your name will be removed from the waiting list.
Once your name has been removed from the waiting list you must re-apply when the waiting list re-opens.
DOWNLOADABLE APPLICATION DOCUMENTS FOR PUBLIC HOUSING
- Applying for Housing with ACHA Informational
- Personal Declaration Form (Signed by ALL Adult Members)
- Form HUD-92006, Supplement for Federally Assisted Housing
- Form HUD-9886, Authorization for the Release of Information (Signed by ALL Adult Members)
- Declaration of Citizenship Form (a form must be completed for each member)
- Tenant Certification Form
- Criminal History Authorization (a form must be signed be each ADULT member)